Epsilon User's Manual and Reference >
Command Reference >
|Get documentation on commands. ||F1|
If executed during another command, help simply pops up the
description of that command. Otherwise, you press another key to
specify one of the following options:
out this message.
- runs describe-key, which asks for the key, then gives full
help on the command bound to that key.
- runs describe-command, which asks for the command name, then
gives full help on that command, along with its bindings.
- runs describe-variable, which asks for the variable name,
then shows the full help on that variable.
- runs the info command, which starts Info mode. Info mode
lets you read the entire Epsilon manual, as well as any other
documentation you may have in Info format.
- runs the info-goto-epsilon-command command, which
prompts for the name of an Epsilon command, then displays an Info page
from Epsilon's online manual that describes the command.
- runs the info-goto-epsilon-key command, which prompts
for a key, then displays an Info page from Epsilon's online manual
that describes the command it runs.
- runs the info-goto-epsilon-variable command, which
prompts for an Epsilon variable's name, then displays an Info page
from Epsilon's online manual that describes that variable.
- runs the epsilon-info-look-up command, which prompts for a
topic, then starts Info mode and looks up that topic in the Epsilon
- displays Epsilon's manual in HTML format, by running a web
browser. It prompts for a topic, which can be a command or variable
name, or any other text. (The browser will try to find an exact match
for what you type; if not, it will search for web pages containing
that word.) When you're looking at Epsilon's manual in Info mode,
using one of the previous commands, this command will default to
showing the same topic in a browser.
- runs the WinHelp program to display Epsilon's online manual, in
Epsilon for Windows versions prior to Windows Vista.
- runs apropos which asks for a string, then lists commands and
variables apropos that string.
- runs show-bindings, which asks for a command name, then gives
you its bindings.
- runs what-is, which asks for a key, then tells you what
command runs when you type that key.
- runs show-last-keys, which pops up a window that contains the
last 60 keystrokes you typed.
- runs about-epsilon, which displays the current Epsilon
version number and similar information.
- shows documentation on the current buffer's major mode.
- shows context-sensitive help on the word at point using the
context-help command. The help source varies based on the
Copyright (C) 1984, 2012 Lugaru Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.