Epsilon User's Manual and Reference >
Command Reference >
|Interactively replace strings. ||Alt-%|
This command behaves like replace-string. Instead of replacing
everything automatically, it positions point after each occurrence of
the old string, and you may select whether or not to replace it. With
a numeric argument, the command will match only complete words.
- Y or <Space>
- replaces and goes to the next match.
- N or <Backspace>
- doesn't replace, but goes to the next match.
- exits immediately.
- replaces and then exits.
- backs up to the previous match.
- replaces all remaining occurrences.
- replaces the current match but doesn't go to the next match.
- enters a recursive edit, allowing you to modify the buffer
arbitrarily. When you exit the recursive edit with exit-level,
the query-replace continues.
- exits and returns point to its original location.
- toggles the state of word mode.
- toggles the state of regular expression mode (see the
description of regex-replace).
- toggles the state of case-folding.
- Any other key
- causes query-replace to exit and any command bound
to that key to execute.
See the replace-in-region variable to restrict matches to a
Copyright (C) 1984, 2016 Lugaru Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.